Wednesday 13 April 2011

Test System Hardware Update #2

     Keeping with the updates for the test system I updated the internal sound card (Auzen X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema) with the Asus Xonar DX 7.1 (pci-e). The reason I did this is because of the design of the motherboard. I am looking to add a second video card for sli and to do this I have to give up the pci slot the other audio card is in. So I bought a sound card that would fit into a pci-e slot. This slot would have been used for a third video card in sli. The only real draw back to this card is that I had to install more power to the card via a berg power connector.  From what I read in the manual if you did not add the power the card would not work. Also this card worked right out of the box with Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment