Thursday 7 July 2011

Comptia A+ CE Continuing Education (MCDST)

     We'll if you have read my last blogs about certifications you will be able to tell that I have my Comptia A+ CE certification. Now with A+ CE, Network+ CE and Security+ CE they are only valid for three years. If you want them longer then three years (three year extension) you have to get Continuing Education credits. If you do not go this direction you will have rewrite the certifications after the three years is up.
     Now with any of the CE's you will have to do a few things. First thing is that you will have to pay a $25.00 fee for three years $75.00 total for the A+. For the Network+ and Security+ it will cost more per year. You can either pay once every year or the full amount up front. Once you make the payments you will have to start earning credits. Now there is a full list of different ways you can start to earn credits. Now there is a list of External Credits that you can get, this is the way I got my extension of my A+. When I got my Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification it was one of the External Credits.
     Now I know this can be a little bit of a pain but remember this does show you are willing to work towards better education for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment